The project will offer new high-quality learning opportunities for lifelong education on innovative measuring technologies (including: Industrial Computed Tomography, Fringe-projection & Reverse Engineering).
To enhance access for all, the learning material will be distributed adapting to the individual learning style. Learners will select the preferred tool (tablets, web-based learning platforms or printouts) for the best learning experience.
Practical work using measuring equipment will be part of the education: this is vital for successful VET in Coordinate Metrology. A learner-centered approach and industrial case studies will be used to motivate learners and let them understand the industrial relevance of the topic.
INNOVATIVE LEARNING CONTENT
The project will design, implement and validate a set of tools and learning content to innovate education in Coordinate Metrology, taking advantage of new opportunities of the digital era. An innovative content development and distribution system will be developed, allowing the adaptation to individual preferences and featuring modern tutor-learners interaction by social networks. New interactive tools for the assessment of individual learning needs will enable the identification of customized learning paths and related assessment of learning outcomes. Moreover, the project will include active participation of learners to distance laboratory workshops using in real-time expensive measuring equipment, bridging the worlds of education and work.
The project will develop a European system for the identification and recognition of skills and qualifications in relation to VET in Coordinate Metrology as a bottom-up contribution to the implementation of the European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) in a specific and relevant area of competence of great importance for the digitization of the manufacturing industry. Expected benefits are:
- ◉ increase the employability of learners and the confidence of employers on qualifications related to Coordinate Metrology
- ◉ make training programs comparable in terms of learning outcomes, not in terms of curriculum only
- ◉ allow easier identification of training needs in SMEs as well as larger industrial organizations
- ◉ learners can get recognition of their specific skills and knowledge acquired in different companies and countries
MAIN EXPECTED RESULTS
- ◉ Common system across Europe for the qualification of personnel in Coordinate Metrology to support innovations in manufacturing
- ◉ Set of tools to modernize the learning experience, adapting to the individual preferences, including innovative content development and distribution, interactive tools for the assessment of individual learning needs, active participation of learners in distance laboratory workshops using in real-time expensive measuring equipment
- ◉ New high-quality learning content on innovative measuring technologies (including: Industrial Computed Tomography, Fringe-projection & Reverse Engineering); enriched and updated content from a previous European VET project, including translation in additional languages
MAIN TARGET GROUP
- Industry employees, in particular those operating in SMEs that are newcomers on 3D measuring technologies e.g. in the supply chain of the automotive industry
- Students and teachers at VET institutions in mechanical and mechatronics subjects having limited access to advanced measuring equipment